- Activity is a MUST. While we certainly do not expect you to be online 24/7, we do ask that you post something substantial once every three days at the very least. If you are inactive for three or more days without notifying the admins about why you cannot be online, your role will be reopened!
- We understand that life happens — things come up, and you may not be able to post as often as you’re supposed to. If you need some time, let us know! We’d be more than happy to hold your role as long as we get a heads-up first.
- Please do not apply for the roleplay if you plan on becoming inactive as soon as you are accepted. Only join if you’re actually devoted and want to be a part of this! Also, if you decide to leave the roleplay, please send us a message before deactivating. With that being said, do not deactivate your account until you have gotten a reply from us!
EXPECTATIONS & THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND—
- Please be literate. We’re not expecting you to use perfect grammar all the time, but we do want you to put at least a bit of effort into spelling things properly and writing to the best of your ability.
- This is a PARA-ROLEPLAY. Therefore, we expect to see paras going on most of the time, with lots of different people. Interact with everyone- not just your character’s best friend or significant other! Also, when para-ing, make sure to give your partner a decent reply. Everyone needs to be writing at least two paragraphs per response, but if you’d like to write more then you totally may. In addition, if you would like to use threading here, go for it. It’s completely optional :).
- This is a mature Roleplay, and we ask that you only apply if you can handle mature themes. We’ll potentially be dealing with themes such as sex, alcohol/drugs, violence, etc. If any of this makes you uncomfortable, this probably isn’t the RP for you.
- While this is an original rpg, please do your best not to totally recreate your character. By this, I mean that you should follow your character’s bio to the best of your abilities. If your character’s bio says that your character is mean, then they should be mean, not extremely kind. While character development is allowed and certainly encouraged, please make sure to keep it realistic. If your character is supposed to be a mean person, they can’t just suddenly become nice overnight. Their past is mostly up to you (outside of the pre-established parts of your bio), but we do ask that your character’s personality is as ‘canon’ or following the bio as much as possible.
OOC DRAMA, IC DRAMA, GOD-MODDING—
- Out Of Character drama will not be tolerated at all. You’ve heard it a million times before — just make sure you play nice! We’re all here to have fun. If you’re having a problem with someone in the roleplay OOC, please message us and we’ll do our best to deal with the situation.
- In Character drama is encouraged, but make sure to run any major plotlines such as pregnancies, self-harm, death, car accidents, or other life-changing events by the admins. If you are unsure of whether or not an event is to be considered “life-changing”, then you should probably check with the admin to make sure.
- God-modding is 100% unacceptable. You control your character and your character alone. If we hear about or see it taking place, you’ll be warned once. Anything past that will result in your removal from the RP.
AFTER YOU’RE ACCEPTED / CREATING YOUR ACCOUNT—
- If/when you are accepted into the roleplay, there a few things you need to do. This includes setting up your character’s account, reviewing the rules, and joining the out of character blog. Please be sure to do everything you are asked to do once accepted!
- When creating your account, make sure to have your submit box, inbox, replies, and anonymous questions enabled.
- When setting up your blog, please try to use a decent, good looking theme. We also suggest that you organize your blog with tags, and maybe even create a para directory. Ultimately it’s up to you, but organizing your blog would be beneficial to everyone! Also, you must include a link to the main rpg on your blog.
- Although it is not an obligation, we suggest that every so often you write up a journal entry for your character. Journals don’t necessarily need to be very long, and they can be fun. Not only that, but they can also help you to understand your character a bit more. If you do choose to write journals, we ask that you have a link to all of the entries on your blog.
Here at Hawthorne, we are going to try out Weekly Tasks. More information about these will be given later on!
- To ensure that you have read the rules, please give us your favorite color on your application.
- Leaving a message on the out of character blog about your activity (or anything else for that matter) does not count as notifying us. If you need to tell something to the admins (whether it be regarding your activity or something else entirely), then MESSAGE us! It isn’t hard to do, and it’s a lot easier for us.